Tuesday, November 24, 2015

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

This was floating around Facebook. It's quite an old piece, from BDG Magazine 1987. I remember reading this when it first came out in (I was in Grade 10) and I treated it like it was a message from god (Wynton was THE trumpeter for me at the time). I already owned an Arbans and bought the Clarke Technical Studies, Max Schlossberg book and the Colins Advanced Lip Flexibilities and started practicing more regularly. I wish I had paid attention to the part where he said "you don't want to kill yourself" because I always practiced until I ran out of chops, and it didn't teach me about air or breath control at all. It probably made most of my habits worse in some ways. Some lessons you have to learn the hard way...

No comments:

Post a Comment